www.bernicke.com and all subdomains
Our Commitment to Online Privacy
Why We Track Activity on Our Website
In order to enhance the quality of your visit to our Website and applications, we track Website and application use activity. The information we gather helps us:
- Better understand Website and application use activity to improve our site and application offerings
- Resolve issues clients may encounter in using our Website, applications, and/or completing online transactions
- Monitor against fraudulent activities
- Provide you with customized and relevant information and offers
- Session cookies. These are temporary and expire when you leave our site or are inactive for a specified length of time.
- Persistent cookies. These store your preferences for a site, are stored on your computer, and are read by your browser each time you visit the Website.
About Remarketing Tags
Remarketing tags analyze behavior of users who have previously clicked or viewed one of our online advertisements. At no time do remarketing tags record user name, password, email, IP home addresses, or other personally identifiable information. Remarketing activities are reported only if they are created by a user who meets the following two criteria:
- Either clicks one of our ads and is redirected to our Website, or views one of our ads and accesses our Website later
- Performs an activity on a page containing a remarketing tag within 30 days of clicking and/or viewing one of our ads
To learn more about this type of technology or to opt-out of ad network advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website. You may also opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by viewing the Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs.
How We Use the Information We Collect
n an effort to ensure that you get the most out of your visits to our Website and applications, we may use your personal information in combination with other information we have about you either as a Bernicke client and/or from information provided to us by third parties to present you with customized and relevant information and offers.
We may disclose personal information collected on our website or applications when such disclosure is required or permitted by law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, as part of the sale, assignment, or other transfer of our business, bankruptcy proceedings, or to perform authentication procedures to prevent fraud. Bernicke may use the information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve products and services.
- To follow up, either by email, phone or mail, with people who have requested information and/or materials.
- To periodically send promotional email or mail about services, recent developments or other information which users may find interesting using the email address or mailing address which users have provided when requesting information and/or materials.
- To access certain special features or areas of this Website.
- To evaluate prospective employees for positions, and to employ its personnel.
- To analyze the financial situation of prospective clients and to provide investment advisory and management services to clients.
- As otherwise permitted by law.
- Pursuant to your request.
Bernicke may disclose information externally as permitted or required by law (such as to affiliates, service providers, and regulatory agencies), or where users have provided permission. We will not sell or lease users’ personal information to third parties so they can market to users.
How We Use Your Email Address
If you provide us with your email address, we may use it to contact you about the following types of messages:
- Service notifications related to your account(s)
- Regularly scheduled email newsletters related to Bernicke Wealth Management, Ltd.
- Products or services you are enrolled in
- Feedback on products, services, or experiences related to Bernicke Wealth Management, Ltd.
- Requests for names and contact information of individuals you think could benefit from our products or services
- Optional email communications which you have signed up for (e.g., newsletters on a selected financial topic)
- Occasional updates about our products and services as well as Bernicke marketing offers
Also, once you have requested information from us, we may communicate with you via email regarding your request to provide additional information related to your information request. For example, we may send you materials to help you prepare for an upcoming meeting with a Bernicke adviser. However, you should not send personal information such as account or Social Security numbers by non-secure email.
To make our email offers more relevant to you, we may use information you provided in your initial transaction with us, in surveys, from information we have about you as a Bernicke client, and information available from external sources such as Census Bureau data.
You can opt out of receiving marketing email from us at any time.
Keep in mind that you may continue to receive email communications pertaining to our products and services that you are enrolled in automatically when you register for those products or services. In those cases, you must reply to and decline the communications individually.
Email communications sent to you by us or our service providers may contain web beacons. The web beacons allow us to know which emails are opened and acted upon so we can provide more relevant content or offers in the future. We do not share your email address with non-affiliated companies for them to market their products or services directly to you. You may receive email offers from other companies if:
- you registered to receive offers on their website, or
- if you receive ongoing email newsletters from the other companies that include third-party ads which may feature Bernicke products or services.
If you have recently opted out of receiving email offers from us, we will process and honor your request as soon as administratively possible. In certain circumstances, you may receive email offers from other companies during the time period when we are processing your opt-out request.
To opt-out of receiving offers or email newsletters from other companies, follow the instructions provided by those companies.
How to Access and Rectify Information
You may contact us at any time to request access to information we maintain about you, to rectify any inaccuracies in such information, or to say you no longer want to be contacted by us for direct marketing or other purposes. We can be contacted by mail, email or telephone as follows:
Bernicke Wealth Management, Ltd.
1565 Bluestem Blvd.
Altoona, WI 54720
In each case, please ensure that full name and address are provided in exactly the form in which it was originally provided to us to avoid any possible confusion with a different user.
To unsubscribe from our email communications, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject field and include the email address where you received the content, along with any additional email addresses you would like suppressed. You may also use the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘manage preferences’ links at the bottom of any marketing email to be removed from our email marketing lists. We will do our best to prevent you from receiving our email content in the future.