Careers at Bernicke Wealth Management
Be part of a great team.Bernicke Wealth Management invests in our talent to create strong, capable teams to support our clients.
Working for Bernicke
- Exposure to leading technologies within the Investment Management industry
- Ability to explore different career paths
- On the job training and cross training
- Opportunity to expand knowledge of the industry through continued education
- Access to multiple professionals in Investment Management, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning, Tax Minimization, Income Planning, Insurance/Risk Management, 401k Retirement Planning
- Part of a dynamic team of individuals driven to best serve our clients
- Flexibility in work schedule
Benefits may include:
- 401k with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Day Care Expense
- Life Insurance
- Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off
- Goodwill Opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Wealth Management Services
HOURS: 40-45 per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday – based on meetings
This position supports Wealth Managers during meetings, helps maintain the relationship between clients and the firm outside of meetings, and gathers, prepares, and updates the client’s financial information to be presented during meetings. Works closely with other team members to ensure client needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend and assist Wealth Managers with client meetings. Proficiently record meeting notes and promptly distribute or complete tasks from the meetings.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when communicating with clients and team members.
- Back up other firm co-workers’ essential duties when needed.
- Gather information from clients via phone, previous meeting notes, or from other team members. In some cases, contact with account custodians will be needed to get updated account information.
- Collect information, complete paperwork, and coordinate the signing of paperwork with clients as needed (i.e. in-person, UPS, fax, etc.).
- Assist Wealth Managers with maintaining the client financial website. Answer client questions about logging in, broken account connections, uploading documents, and watching for updates to the website.
- Research current allocations of accounts and update account specifics for Wealth Managers to decide if new recommendations are necessary.
- Acquire and demonstrate specific knowledge of securities, investments and investment products, securities markets, financial planning, securities regulations, firm policies/procedures, and understand how each may affect the client.
- Manage, prioritize, and follow-through on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Train and pass on knowledge to other firm team members.
- Maintain confidentiality of all items, client and firm related, at all times.
- Core Values: Eager to Learn, Above & Beyond, Team-Oriented, Integrity, and Takes Ownership.
Responsible for completing assigned tasks, gathering and maintaining client financial information, prepping for meetings, and assisting with carrying out the recommendations of team members. Become proficient with firm technologies.
Office environment; no unpleasant or hazardous conditions. Occasional travel to attend client events, seminars, and training (during and before/after normal business hours).
- Education: High School with a BA or BS degree (or equivalent experience preferred)
- Licenses: Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7, and Series 66. (If not held, to be completed after hire.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Be able to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast paced environment.