This checklist is designed to help you understand basic information about Social Security and some of the key factors that may influence your decision with your Social Security benefits. The checklist includes:
- Why taking Social Security before 65 may increase the cost of your health insurance.
- Factors that will influence your decision on when to take Social Security.
- How to get your Social Security Estimate.
- How your benefit is calculated.
- Determine if your Social Security will be taxed.
- How to apply for benefits.