Health Insurance Strategies in Retirement
April 8th, 2019 | 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Florian Gardens | Eau Claire, Wisconsin
By diversifying your savings and retirement accounts, you may gain flexibility in terms of when you can retire, while potentially saving thousands of dollars in health insurance premiums.
This workshop is specifically designed for individuals who:
- Are retired or will be retiring soon and are under the age of 65
- Do not have an employer-sponsored health care plan available in retirement or have a spouse who needs health insurance
- Have over $500,000 of total investable assets, which may include IRAs, Roth IRAs, Pensions, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, (TSAs), 457(b) Deferred Compensation, and other investment accounts.
During the workshop you will learn:
- How to determine which health insurance plan may be for you.
- Why taking Social Security or Pension payments prior to age 65 may cost you thousands in additional health care costs.
- Why adding additional funds to 401ks, IRAs, 403bs, 457b Deferred Compensation plans, and other tax-deferred plans prior to retirement may create significantly higher health care costs in retirement.
- How Roth IRAs and non-qualified investment accounts can provide retirement income prior to age 65 which may save you over $28,000* in health care-related costs.
- Why your last 3 years before retirement are critical for this type of planning.
Option 1: Honey Pecan Glazed Chicken Breast
Option 2: Bacon Wrapped Sirloin
Served with Italian Green Beans; Baby Red Potatoes; Mixed Greens topped with Cucumbers, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots, Onions, and Homemade Croutons; Hearth European Rolls; Coffee, Water, Hot Tea, or Milk.
As part of your registration, each attendee will get these FREE health care planning resources:
- "Health Insurance Strategies for Retirement" An introduction to health care planning with hypothetical examples of how proper planning can potentially save thousands of dollars in health care premiums.
- "Three Cs of Health Care Planning" An article talking about what we believe you should be considering when thinking about health care options prior to and during retirement.
*Assuming a married couple ages 62, in zip code 54701, with Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) of $65,841, according to Healthcare.gov, as of 1/31/19. Plan used: Security Health Plan – Select $4,800 – 30% Plan ID 38166WI080009.